||Canon Law Society of America
||District of Columbia
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
POSITION SUMMARY: The General Secretary manages and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Canon Law Society of America in Washington, DC.
1. Implements the decisions of the Board of Governors (BOG).
2. Manages the Office of the CLSA, directing and supervising the work of the Administrative Assistant and other staff.
3. Collaborates with the Executive Coordinator so that materials are properly and promptly prepared by staff for publication.
4. Working with the Treasurer, manages the day-to-day business operations of the CLSA, and is responsible for the financial operation of the CLSA.
5. Responsible for establishing deadlines throughout the year, e.g., Newsletter preparation, convention tasks, website updates, mailings, etc.
6. Responsible for coordinating the logistics, making arrangements for and attending to the details related to the annual CLSA convention and meetings of the BOG, including hotel accommodations and preparation and sending meeting materials.
7. Responsible for maintaining the CLSA website.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Please view the full position description for additional expectations, responsibilities, and requirements.
REQUIREMENTS: Willingness and ability to use God-given gifts and talents to support the mission of the Church, canon law, and the Canon Law Society of America in his/her present vocational state.
EDUCATION: A baccalaureate degree
o Interpersonal Skills
o Customer Service
o Verbal/Written Communications
o Organizational Skills
o Independent Initiative
o Proficient and comfortable with computer systems and technology
How to Apply / Contact
The Board of Governors is now actively seeking candidates to fill the full-time position of General Secretary. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. Candidates are asked to submit a resume, cover letter, and references to Jay Conzemius, CLSA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for the position of CLSA General Secretary is Friday, October 2, 2020.