Title: Chancellor and Delegate [Vicar]
Diocese: Diocese of Dallas
The Diocese of Dallas seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Chancellor and Delegate [Vicar] for Canonical and Civil Law. In this position, an individual will:
- Carry out the office of Chancellor as described in the 1983 Code of Canon Law: cc. 482 §1; 483 §1; and 484.
- Supervise the diocesan archives and the maintenance of sacramental records by the parishes.
- Provide canonical consultation and advice as required by the diocesan bishop, including crafting correspondence in regard to diocesan matters touching upon canonical subjects or applications.
- Oversee submission of petitions for use of Special Faculties exercised by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
- Collaborate with the diocesan safe environment office.
- Collaborate with the Vicar General/Moderator of the Curia in matters of assignment, discipline and faculties of the clergy in the diocese.
- Carry out the additional responsibilities acceded by the diocesan bishop: authority to grant dispensations from impediments to marriage; to grant permissions for the celebration of marriages of mixed religion; to grant delegation to celebrate marriages in the Diocese of Dallas; and to issue approval for marriages to be celebrated by Catholics in the diocese or Catholics from Dallas to marry in other dioceses.
- Interact as required with offices at the diocesan pastoral center, diocesan advisory bodies, diocesan commissions and standing committees.
The qualified applicant will hold a doctorate in canon law (preferred) or a licentiate in canon law, and the applicant will have pastoral experience and previous experience in diocesan administration.
For additional information on the requirements of the position, or to submit a resume, please contact the Most Reverend Greg Kelly, Vicar General and Moderator of the Curia, at (214) 379-2821, or write to P.O. Box 190507, Dallas, TX 75219.